Wildmoor Waters

Ok guys, its not often I will admit defeat but this time I have to say I have fallen by the way side, My intentions were as you know to give Wildmoor a try, you all said I was mad and shouldnt but I thought it cant be as bad as you all say, well after a number visits to various web sites and various forums I have to say I agree there have been to many negative reports of lack of fish for me to contemplate spending my hard earned cash on a luxury cabin and a lake with fish that cannot be caught.I have had conversations with Alison at Wildmoor who still assures me that they have over 450 fish up there, well this could be the case but only netting the place would confirm this.I have now booked a week at Waveney Valley Lakes, go on tell me this one is no better, The accomodation is not as nice but hey ho its the fishing Im going for after all, so if you have any positive comments about Waveney I would like to hear them, any negative ones please keep to yourself LOL cheers Pete. :lol:

Have a look at Blackthorn in Shropshire. A new venue that is going about things in the right way.

Charlie has also filmed some amazing scenes of carp grouped up in cold conditions - might emphasize the point of how important location can be :wink:

Just checked out the Blackthorn place and it does look lovely on the webiste, although maybe £600 is a little on the high side?

Have you fished it?

I still stand by what I said on the other Wildmoor thread. You are however, absolutely right. You need to have confidence when you go fishing and if it meant that you wouldn't have any if you went to Wildmoor, then you would not enjoy it. To enjoy fishing is the most important aspect our sport.

I've not fished it but know Charlie, the owner. I have tried a couple of times to get up there as it's only a couple of mile from mine but have been let down by the ice both times.

There was a feature done in one of the mags a few months ago.

The cabin isn't that expensive if you are treating it as a holiday. How much does a log cabin cost for a weeks hire? With this, you get free fishing as well.

no I havnt the only place I have fished that had them was Wintons but I was Carp fishing that day, so am looking forward to getting some pussy whilst on holiday :lol:

Did you get anything from Wintons? I went once and ended up with a big fat blank.

Moggies are something totally different. I wouldn’t want to fish for them all the time, but having a decent one on the line is like nothing else. Their power and stamina is at least double, probably treble that of our Carp.

They do have a habit of pooing all down you when you pick them up though.

No likewise, Wintons is a lovely venue but so pressured I had one run which I missed and that was that never got back there again, yeh fancy a go at a cat or two with 4 rods i can keep one on em all the time, I have caught lots on conger eels when out in the boat they dont half hang on as Matt Hayes would say I suppose they are the nearest I come to having a cat.

no not now used belong to Newhaven Deap Sea Anglers had boats all my life until a few years back things became very hard after the GPS became so cheap now you can find all the wrecks blindfold, they were fished out years ago, I used to crew for Seabreaze a charter boat from Newhaven we were doing three day french trips and taking 70 - 80 congers every trip along with cod and pollack you get 6 boats doing that everyday and it doesnt take long for things to stop producing, so thats when I came back to carp fishing a lot easier I can tell you.