WOODLAKES, NORFOLK HELP

Hi there thinking of booking a lodge here during june/july times, dont get to do much fishing out and about really, read some of the other threads on this site but was just looking to see if there was any more upto date reviews people would like to add ?i have emailed them but didnt get a reply yet

is there a preference on lodges which are situated in a better place than others ie. end cabins ?

what kind of stuff people been using ? anybody got any pics of the place as the ones on thier site seem a bit dated ? i did see i think it was neilos's pics which were top pics btw mate

thanks for all your help people look forward to some reading

You are 20 years late to get the best out of the lake that has the lodges on. Woodlakes used to be an incredibly popular water in the mid to late 90s. I was there every weekend without fail. Now due to non anglers (read tools) running the place i refuse to fish it. Stupid non sensical rules. The 'syndicate' lake down there has some nice fish in but obviously you need a ticket for that (used to be 25 quid to join then 15 a day).

I don't believe there is any night fishing aloud on the cabin lake (check that). If i had to choose a cabin the 1st one in the near corner to the shop would be by far the best, when there were caravans on there the bloke who basically lived in it could even catch and he wasn't too bright.

I'd look elsewhere personally. Waveney Valley anyone?? Hell, you could probably go to France for the same money Millers French fishing holidays?

edit. Just had a look at the site and it does look like residents can fish the championship lake, although the last time i fished it in summer it was so weedy you could walk across it.

cheers for that mate i looked on there aswell think cabin guests and members can nightfish on there to, well according to website atm.

im just going there with the g/f for some quiet time and to stick the rods in not a hardcore fisherman but by no means a newbie

thanks for your advice and opinions very much appreciated !!!

They banned the beach caster. Me and my old man were the only two out of hundreds using it. We used to catch a lot of fish. All of a sudden it was banned. When we asked why we were given no explantion, even better when we asked what it was they couldn't tell us that either :lol:

Think this may have been something to do with the aforementioned tool in the corner caravan but we'll never know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...