LB1 Pit Stanground/Fletton Peterborough

Hi all, has anyone fished LB1 Pit in Peterborough lately? Im thinking of going this spring/summer time. Ive read a lot of forums online which are now quite old, on this site and others.

Has anyone got any up-to-date info on the lake? ie, fishing well, methods etc. From what i have read, people seem to see a lot of the carp on the top... so i was thinking possibly some surface fishing for the biggies... i guess they could be basking though and not interested in feeding.

Also i know of the danger/theft which happens down there.. or is said to happen. I live a mile from this place and have never fished it for carp. Any info would be great...cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

I fished this lake for 3 nights with my mate and didn't catch. The bottom of the lake is covered in thick weed. I did 2 nights on the bank then decided to get my dingy and go to the island and do a night on there. We decided to travel to the island from the beach area from the corner of the lake because it was easier to set of from there without damaging the dingy. In that area where the beach bit is there's from reeds and there was a few carp hanging around there nothing big though,around the 10lb mark. So we did the night on the island and we woke up and me and my mate was looking into the water about 8 in the morning and we saw 1 big carp swim by followed by 2 little ones. We went back out in the dingy a few meters away from the island and i could see something in the water bout 4-5 ft under it looked like a very long plank of wood so we got bit closer to it and was nearly on top of it and then it disappeared. I then saw it again a few minuets later a few meters from where we last saw it so it must of been a very large pike. So like i said the floor is just coated in thick weed so I was fishing on the bottom and the bait was just getting swallowed so no way the fish could have seen it. What I will be doing next time I fish it is I will be making up some rigs which will hopefully work better with that lake such as the chod rig and pop up boilies so hopefully the bait wont get swallowed.

Thanks for the info mate, ive not fished it yet. Ive heard of alot of people fishing from the island. It seems to be the best place... probably where the fish feel the safest.

A pike you say... when i used to fish the fletton end of the lake when i was a nipper i kept getting cut off by pike snatching my catches before i got them in. I think there used to be a lot of pike in there.. but sadly like most places around Peterborough all the pike seem to be disappearing. Might go down with a spinner and see if i can lure anything out... if you dont mind pm me a few more details of where you saw the pike. cheers