Rig tying question?

joe_90

Hello all....

After some advice on rig tying.

I have been carp fishing for over 2 years now and been using pre tied hair rigs brought from the tackle shop. After practising different knots on mono I now feel it is time for me to tie my own rigs for example a blowback rig. Is it much harder on coated braids?

Please could anyone provide information on a hooklink for a novice. Don't know if this is a silly question???

I have been lookin at fox coretex. Any reason I should not buy this or even should buy it?

Any info or recommendations would be great.

Tight lines!!!

Hi there mate i use mainly coated and uncoated braid for my fishing, I fish with the uncoated stuff with my KD rigs which are my personel favorite. The coated braid I use if im fishing standard bottom bait rigs or snowman blowbacks. Have a butchers on the korda website there is a list of rigs on there showing you how to tie them with pics hope this helps :D

P.S I wouldnt use mono line with hooks with an interned eye because the knot can break same goes for fluoro use straight or slightly out turned eyes like the stiff rgger hooks by esp.

Great much appreciated. Any chance you can point me in the direction of good braids and coated braids? As there is so many around. I mainly fish over clay,silt and gravel.

Have seen the Korda website before and is a great help. Very easy step by steps. But thanks all the same fella.

I never used mono hooklinks just practiced tying knots. All my rigs have been brought from the shop. Thanks for the tip though.

Tight lines!!!

hi mate i like the gardner uncoated braid in 25lb, it may sound heavy but the thin ones feel very thin and may damage fish i dont know but the 25lb version is great stuff. My coated braid I have changed I was using the ESP TwoTone but its no where near as good as the new Korda stuff (ill get hung on here for sayin that :wink: ). The two tones coating comes away from the braid and bunches up when knotting with the coating still on when tying to link loops, (may just be me). Im just starting to play around with rigs using the ESP ghost soft fluorocarbon. :D

Hello all....

After some advice on rig tying.

I have been carp fishing for over 2 years now and been using pre tied hair rigs brought from the tackle shop. After practising different knots on mono I now feel it is time for me to tie my own rigs for example a blowback rig. Is it much harder on coated braids?

Please could anyone provide information on a hooklink for a novice. Don't know if this is a silly question???

I have been lookin at fox coretex. Any reason I should not buy this or even should buy it?

Any info or recommendations would be great.

Tight lines!!!

How simple would you like it?

Simple hooklink material, same as the line that is on your reels, monofilament :wink:

Fairly tangle free, although I will say that it doesn't necessarily take a knotless knot very well, especially with certain hook patterns where the line rubs over the eye, so in most cases I would recommend using a "proper" knot, and tying on a hair, which is easy enough as well. A thin length of mono tied to the eye of the hook and then line aligner down the hookshank to "exit" point protects the lot.

When it comes to other hooklink materials, braids, coated and uncoated, I stick with what I know works, and for me, better than all the rest, is Kryston. I use Mantis, Mantis Gold, SuperSilk, SuperNova and Merlin.

I use what I know works, and sorry to all of the other brands, I have never had Kryston hooklink materials give way, never a problem, so I see no need to try anything else and simply can't be bothered with any other make.

Is this any use?

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22185

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated. Have had a search on kryston hooklinks on the web and see a fair few anglers use them and highly rate them.

I was after a coated braid and a non coated braid hopefully to cover all of my fishing. So think I will go with the kryston products. Seem reasonably priced for how they are rated also. Just need some work to come in now so I can get down the tackle shop! Damn January is always a slow month!! Lool.

Thanks for the link mate. Very useful. Loads of rigs on there! Think I shall just keep it basic for a while and improve on getting my rigs where they need to be. Once again thanks for the help.

Tight lines!!!