acton burnell upper lake

paddy479

i am fishing acton burnell upper lake in may and would like as much info as possible. what baits work well and methods suach do i spod or take the boilie approach, all info would be appreciated

I haven't fished it since 2000 so this could be out of date but I caught a lot of fish once I worked out that they ALL remianed in one shoal. I then started to pack away my bivvy and gear every morning and simply watch the water. Once I saw a fish I would move onto it and catch and then watch the water again and move etc. Sometimes the fish stayed in front of me and it meant setting up again in the same swim but it was worth the effort. Personally I would now start with single hook baits while watching the water. I'm guessing that everyone fishing sessions on there will be filling it in and probably blanking so you need to start with no bait at all and be different to the rest. I would also strongly reccommend light leads and running rigs with fluoro line and hook links as it always used to be like tap water.

Hope that helps