Coombe Abbey

A friend of mine suggested we should try like fishing at Coombe abbey as he enjoys fishing for pike and I've never done it before we thought it would be a good idea to go there.

What a bad session we had though. None of us caught on deadbaits, couldn't catch a roach for live bait, and we seen 3 small jacks in the margins, not one was interested in our dead baits or spinners :( talking to a bloke there who seemed to practically live there he says it's a hard water, so looked like we bitten off more than we could chew.

Also, silly us fished the most weedy end, which really didn't make it easy for us.

Has anybody ever fished there?

Ross

Yes used to fish for carp there a while back very hard lake as the fish stay in the out of bounds area of the lake most of the season. Hooked a pike once when i was realing in my carp rig :? must of took a likeing to my pinapple pop up? Theres some stunning carp in there but there very difficult to catch :evil:

We didnt even get a nibble from the pike that we where after, and what ive read its quite low stock for carp, so il leave the carp fishing there for the people who know what they are doing. The old boy we was talking to has his picture at the fornt with a 32lb common and a 20lb pike he had caught in the same day. He also claimed he has 97 zander to his name and is trying to get to 100, and also holds the british still water zander at 19lb something, if thats true its pretty cool.