hook beads and swivels

crofty82

I was looking at a few rigs using hook beads and swivels instead of the normal hair rig and d rig.

Has anyone found that using this kind a rig the bait presentation is any better or is there any negative effects for this.

Basically i will use a micro swivel on the hook with a bead to stop and push the sivel through the bait and tie up with dental floss this is something im considering using when doing pop-ups.

It seems very simple but just after peoples thoughts who may have used this kind of presentation.

thanks

crofty

• 1 month later...
I was looking at a few rigs using hook beads and swivels instead of the normal hair rig and d rig.

Has anyone found that using this kind a rig the bait presentation is any better or is there any negative effects for this.

Basically i will use a micro swivel on the hook with a bead to stop and push the sivel through the bait and tie up with dental floss this is something im considering using when doing pop-ups.

It seems very simple but just after peoples thoughts who may have used this kind of presentation.

thanks

crofty

Why add extra bits and pieces to make life more difficult than you need to?

A simple pop-up rig is exactly the same rig as a bottom bait rig, but with a pop-up attached to the hook and a counterweight on or below the hook/hair to set your distance.

Many of my pop-up rigs are simply a Uni-knot loop at the end of the hair, (with bait in loop when tying hooklink), and a knotless knot with the bait tight to the shank. The counterbalance is then just below the hook the distance you want it popped up. I must confess though, make sure you use VERY buoyant pop-ups, and overbalance them rather than critically getting as close to neutral as you possibly can. I want the hook to be proud of the lakebed, sitting shank straight up, and point pointing straight down.

Other than that I find a D-rig is usually the best presentation I can use for pop-ups.

Is this any use?

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22185