Les rivets france

avfc1985

I've read alot about this place on carp forums across the Internet and understand it was a cracking lake for a few years when it opened but late 2010, early 2011 they lost stock of there carp. Could anyone fill me in why? But there re-stocking and opening for 2012. Which is good news. did anyone fish it prior to the loss of they're carp. If so could anyone tell me a little about the place. Thanks

Hello mate,

yes I fished it in August 2010 and had it booked for the first week of the season 2011,April 2nd but had to find another lake within 6 days as the fish started to go belly up :(

I was devastated as this was probably my favorite lake in France !

Totally stunning place,lovely house and pool and great fishing.....

Adrian the owner is a top bloke and I wish him and Jenny all the best with new stocking in Jan.

The fish that he stocked in November 2010 were the cause of the fish kill.Another 2 lakes also suffered the same kill,and yes they had had some of the same batch of fish :(

They were from a ligit fish farmer who subsequently stopped trading and went bust shortly afterwards...

Very unlucky.

I`m sure the place will be back to its best in no time,fantastic place :wink:

thanks for the feedback, its obvious to me adrian and jenny know how to run a fishery, and like you say its a shame and unlucky of what happened. but im sure they will have it back to its best in no time :lol: could you tell me what tactics you used and size hooks, bait, pound line and braid etc. im a novice compared to the blokes i will be going with and it will be my first time in france so thought id do my homework :P. did you catch many monsters when you went? i hope it has as much action as it had before as the forums tell, was very impressive. hope i have half as much luck :o also how long travel time did it take from dover? if you drove that is.

thanks for the help

alan

thanks for the feedback, its obvious to me adrian and jenny know how to run a fishery, and like you say its a shame and unlucky of what happened. but im sure they will have it back to its best in no time :lol: could you tell me what tactics you used and size hooks, bait, pound line and braid etc. im a novice compared to the blokes i will be going with and it will be my first time in france so thought id do my homework :P. did you catch many monsters when you went? i hope it has as much action as it had before as the forums tell, was very impressive. hope i have half as much luck :o also how long travel time did it take from dover? if you drove that is.

thanks for the help

alan

I could tell you what worked when we were there but as most of the fish died,whats the point?

Not having a go!! Just saying how it is :roll:

Good luck if you do fish it in 2012 8)

I would fish it even if it didn`t get re-stocked !!

Such a beautiful place !! :D