PAR FISHERIES

Eight of us (all experienced anglers)from one of my waters rented the front lake for a weekend in July.

I have got to be honest and say at the end of the weekend we was all a little disappointed.

Five out the eight caught fish, with three blanking. The two lads in the swims on the middle of the car park bank done the best with around 15-20 fish each, biggest was 18lb something but most were high singles/low doubles. All of these were taken tight to the spit .

The fella in the end swim on that bank, who only really had open water in front of him blanked.

The next bank you come to had 3 lads fishing it. The fella in the first swim on that bank had a 29lb cat, the fella in the middle blanked and the fella in the last swim on that bank, had two carp, 16lb and one around 8lb.

The next bank is directly opposite the carp park bank. I was fishing the swim on this bank, opposite the end of the spit. I had a tiny cat and two low double commons. The last fella in the end swim of this bank, blanked.

First impressions of the lake looked good, lots of fish showing and it looked clean and tidy. After a while though it became apparent there was a serious wasp problem on there. I have never been anywhere with so many of the things. Four or five of us got stung including me on the tongue.

So really depends on what you are looking for, if you are happy with lots of small fish, it could be the place for you, depending if you can get on the right peg.

If it's bigger fish then the front lake from our experience ain't the place to be.

• 3 weeks later...

i gather its an advantage to use bait boats and to get very close to the trees. the cats in there are over 70lbs and some very good carp but a little on the expensive side for me ! its also a little over grown in places... facilties there could be better.

But its no worse than most private dayticket lakes in the area. ie Bentley fishery "which is crap "churchwood "which is lovely lake is expensive but the facilities are excellent. To be fair i not fished there myself but know the owner pretty well. YOU PAY YOUR MONEY AND TAKE YOUR CHOICE.