le val dore

dazsladden

I went about 4 years ago, It's an okay place but I wouldn't rush back. Found the owners to be money grabbers and not very helpful, for instance we hired their bait boats that would often die after 2 trips and then they'd sometimes refuse to charge the battery back up for that day. On one occasion it died mid trip so was stranded in the lake it then took a lot of persuading for them to get their boat out to rescue it.

We booked the whole of lake 4 which was apparently 8 acres in size yet I'd say more like 2 was only about 75yrds from one side to the other. To give you an idea of size I've just found some pics, ignore the messy middle one just arrived and wanted a rod out while setting up

jgtwee.jpg

1z4g5ko.jpg

2l9nrkg.jpg

I had plenty of sturgeon that week but no carp from the middle swim, the majority being caught by me old man on the right hand swim tight to the hedge on blue hellraisers from CCmoore, he had them to 39lb 3oz. My dad's mate in the left had swim also had plenty of carp to around 33lb

Apart from the sturgeon I did mange two of these the second beating my previous PB that only stood for 2 days :D

nda4vt.jpg

9ss7du.jpg

I think lake one is supposed to be 16 acres you can probably reckon on it being nearer 14 (may be a bit deceptive) They have both done fish well into the 60lb mark and a lot cheaper than some english owned puddles that some people rave about. The bottom can be a bit silty in places but nothing to drastic as they were originally gravel pit's come quarries. On the down side they do have some sturgeon and if you catch them its not unusual to catch them three or four times in the week.

• 2 weeks later...