Farnham, Portsmouth or Mid Kent

Hi All,

I'm based in Brighton and want to join a proper club. Sussex is a little light on these, apart from The Sussex Piscatorial Society, and to be honest, it would be easier to get into Fort Knox. So, seeing as I don’t mind doing a few miles, I was thinking of joining either Farnham, roughly 65 miles North West, Portsmouth 45 miles west or Mid Kent, 50 miles north east. Was wondering which of these people would recommend, or maybe other suggestions?

Hi Mate,

Farnham can be a bit of a clique, also some of their best waters are also day ticket so get used quite a lot, Portsmouth have some very beutifull lakes, sinha warren some big carp but hard to fish and needs time spent with lots of blanks but if you get a fish they are worth it, chichester has the best lakes in my oppinion, but as you are from brighton you would need to enquire about membership and be a day associate for a couple of years and not able to fish nights untill you become a full associate.

Hope this helps

Tony

think this would come from a area that is still a public footpath, but it is a small part of fishery, the rest is well bailifed and secure, that goes for carpark too, I have done a couple of nights and felt very secure, there is somone fishing every night somwhere on the fishery, and I have not had a problem with any of members in the three years I have been a member it has been the total opposite I can honestly say I have enjoyed my time there and would recommend it to others, if you become a member let me know and i will show you around

I've never experienced much of a clique on Farnham's waters. (Member of some 20 years). Some of the waters offer a real challenge and so, anglers fishing them might not be willing to spill the beans on the details of years of work without something in return. Other waters are easier.

It might be a bit of a drive from Brighton though. There are quite a few members from Portsmouth who fish FAS waters.

Let me know if you want any specific info on any of the waters (www.farnhamanglingsociety.com)

the portsmouth club don't look after there waters very well, theres big carp at brockhurst but the main stretch for carp is unfishable. sinha warren has had troubles lately, however brinwich pond is a nice but difficult place. chichester club looks great but i believe you must live within a certain mile radius to be able to join. eastleigh have some lovely lakes holding very good size carp, they use to have peewit lake which was great when i use to fish it.