The Red Lion Inn

Are there any Gloucestershire based anglers on here?

The Red Lion Caravan and Camping Park at Norton, near Gloucester, is right on the bank of the River Severn and my wife, bless her, has us booked on with trusty caravan for several days over the August Bank Holiday.

I'd be grateful for any hints and tips about fishing this stretch. There's nothing better than local knowledge.

I'd also like to know what species I'm likely to encounter, please.

Is the beer any good?

Ian

Ian, unfortunately I haven't had any experience of fishing that stretch, or even the river, but have been fortunate to experience The Red Lion, surprise surprise :lol: I would be happy to come down and help you sample the beer if you like. Ring me whilst you're there :wink:

Ian, unfortunately I haven't had any experience of fishing that stretch, or even the river, but have been fortunate to experience The Red Lion, surprise surprise :lol: I would be happy to come down and help you sample the beer if you like. Ring me whilst you're there :wink:

Malc, you can expect a phone call.

Ian

Malc, you can expect a phone call.

Ian

Look forward to it Ian :wink:

pellets,pellets and more pellets followed by a few source boilies mate, the barbel and chub wont enjoy them :wink:

I'll certainly give it a go. I'd planned on taking pellets of varying size and boilies of some sort.

I'm a fan of Mainline Cell but I'll take some Source, too. Oh, and worms, Bacon Grill and cheesepaste................

Thanks.

Ian

i wouldnt bother with cell on the rivers for barbell and chub mate, source or robin red boilies will do a much better job! 8)

I've had good chub from the River Alne using Cell boilies, however, I asked for local info and I'm not going to ignore it.

Thanks Bish.

Ian