where for a birthday social?

its my birthday in september,and want to have a 48hr social with some mates. somehwere where a few runs can be had,chill out and have a beer or two! ideally an hour or so from kings lynn,in norfolk? blueebell mallard lake and cobbleacre have both been suggested? any suggestions welcome

Jacobs Creek lake at Suffolk Water Park could be worth a look. It's only a couple of acres but just three swims with cabins and you book the whole lake. I went with a couple of mates and the kids last year and had two 16lbers and a 20. Its great for a social but the one down side is it is right next to the train line, and the freight trains run practically all night.

The Gallery is here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/suffolkwaterpark/JacobsCreek#slideshow/5523722476037858658

• 4 weeks later...

I will hopefully be doing thisnext year for birthday... a week in france. :lol:

You could try stanwick lakes elsons lake for booking or mallard lake. the whole lakes normally works out at just over 300 quid which is ideal for a social up to 10 people. easy to get to, loads of 20s and a few 30s and the local takeaway delivers to you. you can all fish off one bank and fish 8 people along it maybe 9 if you double up on the point.