Rig Tubing

danielp8601

Hi all just started fishing a new water which bans the use of leadcore, an old faithful of mine, so to avoid lifting scales etc... i am moving to sinking rig tubing. any hints of how to make up neat semi fixed and free running rigs with the stuff, i have never used it before.

Many Thanx Dan

Just thread it on your mainline when the tubing and your mainline are completely dry (else it will be hard or near on impossible getting it through) then just slide it into the end of your tail rubber as normal and away you go.

Just for the record i have used rigs with no tubing on before and ive never had a carp scale lift off from any fish i have caught. Is that normal?

ive never had a scale lift using mono either,i have done when using braid mainline but i always thought that was because braid is flat and can slide under the scales,mono is round and seems to just brush off them

where leadcore leaders are banned i'll use about 3 feet of thin tubing only because of that extra bit of protection from snags etc not to protect the fish as its never been a worry to me