ipswich

any decent quiet carp lakes ,pits or ponds near pswich?

I gave you some information "over the road" (quoted below), but here is a list of a fair number of Suffolk Waters:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=46857

Near Ipswich is a real struggle to find a water that is carp friendly, let alone a decent, quiet water, the 3 do not go together!

The best water in the area is undoubtedly Suffolk Water Park, but you are fighting for swims most weekends, and if someone is where the fish are, then you are going to struggle to get onto them. The fish in SWP also move around a lot, and at £20 a night is not cheap for a years worth of fishing.

GAPS have a few waters, Causeway, Alderson and Barham B-Pit. Night fishing is only allowed on B-Pit, and you have to pay an additional night ticket to do nights. It does contain a few good fish, I would reckon the biggest is around the 30lb mark, but the going swims are usually taken, the rest of the lake can be very quiet though.

Alderson has alledgedly produced a 30lb fish, but I have a feeling that GAPS moved a lot of the larger fish out of there into B-pit, again you are struggling to find the carp though. Causeway would be pretty much you pioneering the lake, although I do know that there are a few carp in there.

You could look out towards Trimley lakes, which are day ticket from Gostlings farm (search facility as they were mentioned in the past ), but night fishing is only allowed at certain weekends.

Kirton has also produced some good fish apparently, I think that there were or are a certain number of day tickets issued, but there is supposedly a syndicate in place.

CAPS, do have a number of good carp waters, but from what I remember you are looking at some busy lakes, and a few stretches of river that contain carp

Sudbury and District, a lot of river and some good lakes, but I'm not sure of crowds.

Suffolk is pretty much a nightmare for fishing, I have given up on the area and now fish in the Lea Valley

Barham A pit may also be worth a look.

I haven't fished it for a long time but it got taken over a couple of years back. Apparently they improved security by putting up a fence and I believe they stocked it as well. There used to be a reasonable head of 20s and one or two thirties to go at. They were doing limitted day tickets alongside a syndicate on there. Give Gary a call on 07888 847144, he was certainly running it a couple of years back.

a lad called jason now runs a-pit and hes made a good job of it what with the fence and no excrement left every where.

as for thirtys i dont think so big scale was out in november at 26+ and that is the biggest in there unless hes sneaked some in there.