Travelling to France

cloughy513

i am due to go to france fishing last week in august and was wondering about customs and if there is (or any one has had any problems) any restrictions on bait or tackle as most people will have some sort of knife or sissors in there tackle boxes just didnt want to get accussed of trying to steal a ferry :lol: and would hate for them to throw all my bait away that would not be a good start to the trip

any advise or info would be greatly appreciated.

No mate you will be fine genrally you the conversation goes as follows.

"Alright Lads, where are we off to then and what you carrying"

"were going fishing and we are carrying fishing tackle"

"right ok on you go"

i think there must be something about fishing tackle and the vast quantities of stuff that fisherman carry that puts them off, because everytime we say were going fishing we get waved through yet every time im driving abroad for meetings i get searched.

can you imagine how long it would take to search all of the bags and boxes and bait that your carrying. they would need all day lol.

As for knifes scissors sharps ect that is only a problem you will come up against at an airport, you can buy a swiss army knife on a ferry they even have proper knife and forks in the food areas so no problem there.

also bait is no problem either infact i think thats what puts them off searching the car in the first place to be honest !!