where to go???

hi lads

iv just got in to carp fishing iv corsed fished for about 5years, iv been to a few palces with my mate and had a few good days and bad days, but we dont realy no where is the best place to go and where to fish it. i live just outside sheffiled, south yorkshire in worksop, can any1 give me any advise please, anything would be a great help.

thanks jack

My geography is terrible so sorry if this is a long way away.

But my answer to your question would be;

Drayton Reservoir, in Daventry, near Northampton.

Just a reservoir full of carp and pike, but pike rarely see anything coz the carp are so active, the like stay deep and out of the way.

Everytime you get a run there you can guarantee it's a double figure carp, don't no how many carp are in there but is very heavily stocked. Biggest runs water I know of and basically if you don't catch there something is seriously wrong with what you done, but when you catch there it's a confidence booster for you to take your Rigs to a more difficult water.

Plenty of videos on YouTube to watch on Drayton.

Also this is the best time of year to go.

The ressy supplies water to the grand canal, meaning the water levels drop a good 6 feet! So a less of an area for the carp to swim in meaning they are even easier to find.

Hope this helps.

Ross :)

thanks ross for the repaly an yes iv been telled about that place, it is a bit off a drive away but if its good then its deffo worth it. and iv fished stubble hall lane at wakefild and the dam at clown (wish was a realy good day) but i always go down to todwick farm once a week its mainly for match fishing but iv had some good fish out of there.

thanks for your help guys

• 5 months later...