River wye carp

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi, the river wye is my local river. (dont worry this is carp related)

I fish this river for barbel and chub in the summer months and pike in the winter months, just on the off chance of having the odd hour or two free. I normally fish the renouned local biblins stretch (renouned barbel section of the wye where i caught my pb barbell of 10lb!! ) The other day i was wondering up and down this stretch due to having a tip off that some carp were present in the slower, deeper sections of the river. i saw two fish under a overhanging tree. One looked about 20lb, and the other about 15/16lb.

Im posting this thread to see if anyone else has seen any wye carp on their travels??, im not expecting too much as i know alot of members arent from my neck of the woods, but its worth a shot.

all the best guys, oh and roll on the close season !!!!

Guest Anonymous

its located down stream of the symonds yat mate, and upstream from monnmouth. Its a brilliant barbel beat mate well worth a try. I fished it under glamorgan anglers, you can also get a day ticket i think from 'wye angling' tackle shop in ross. Its brilliant for me though mate, right on my doorstep you know. Ideal for one or two hour sessions mid week!! I hit numerous barbel, including the odd chub. Have a chat with the guys in wye angling and they will put you right for barbelling on the wye. I had my pb barbel from this strech two. This fell to the awesome halibut pellet (if on the wye, use it, i find that it drags the fish up the river from nearly half a mile away!!!). It's brilliant fishing when i dont have the time to go and bivvy up for 2 or 3 days!!

If you need any other info or tips just ask 8)

Do you know of any carp in the wye though???

Thanks for that, I've never fished the Wye, but seem to remember someone posting that they'd had one out of the boathouse stretch on here. Mabey one of the mods may find the thread for you. I've looked and can't find it.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, the river wye is my local river. (dont worry this is carp related)

I fish this river for barbel and chub in the summer months and pike in the winter months, just on the off chance of having the odd hour or two free. I normally fish the renouned local biblins stretch (renouned barbel section of the wye where i caught my pb barbell of 10lb!! ) The other day i was wondering up and down this stretch due to having a tip off that some carp were present in the slower, deeper sections of the river. i saw two fish under a overhanging tree. One looked about 20lb, and the other about 15/16lb.

Im posting this thread to see if anyone else has seen any wye carp on their travels??, im not expecting too much as i know alot of members arent from my neck of the woods, but its worth a shot.

all the best guys, oh and roll on the close season !!!!

39lb out from the wye last week on the tennis courts