Bradmere/Beechmere

jsangel

Hello all. Having had a break from fishing for a few years i thought to kick back off in style and fish Bradmere Pool (BB`s copper mine from confessions of a carp angler) but in truth i do not have the faintest clue how to fish such a deep/snaggy/historic venue.

Any advice or past experience gratefully accepted.

I got Confessions for my birthday this month, just finished and loved it.

You could try building a toy sailboat so you can get your freelined breadcrust out into the middle. I think BB recommends using trebles to hold the crust better on the hook (I certainly do not!).

Seriously though, enjoy your session. I am jealous.

I did actually consider using a sail boat to deliver dog biscuit but the pool is not large enough to warrant it.

The place itself is as creepy as the book describes, but last time i walked around it (two weeks ago) there was plenty of pigeons, duck and a roe deer. One Elias Mortimore drowned himself there after running from the police following a spate of local arson attacks in the nineteen thirties, I currently work with another Mortimore whose family is local to the area but he is not sure if Elias was a direct family member.

When i first moved to the area i worked at a local pub come beauty spot my then boss was the grandson of Jim the postman.

I have walked the pool several times over the years but this is the first chance i have had to fish it. The mix of overhanging trees and large underwater snags makes the place awkward to cast in but a few places, the depth also is enough to imtimidate. My friend Denny and myself have booked it for three days in early April as that was all the time we could get off work. We will give it a go and see how we fare!

Any advice towards baits and rigs still hopefully anticipated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
28 minutes ago, dayvid said:

Why not , please explain....

He (bowey11)  hasn't been on the forum for a few years dayvid, that's the problem when these old threads are brought back :lol:

Sorry Justin, I can't help which is why I didn't reply on your other thread with the same question. And welcome to the forum :)

Thank you. .. that's a shame only cause I was fishing anglers paradise at the weekend and a fellow angler told me about it....which is what brought me to this site...I'm really looking for the big carp lakes....in search of something bigger than the 41lb 3Oz I caught I'll post the pic when I retrieve it from my camera..but thanks for replying...anyone know of other big carp lakes in devon worth fishing?