CUDMORE

hi there i go down about every 2 weeks,usualy on tara but i have also had my fare share of fish on avoca. the most successful tactic for me seems to be two of the cudmore 14mm pellets(drilled) on a 6-7inch soft hooklink like korda supernatural to a korda size 10 wide gape or longshank X ,then just hook on a small pva bag of the smaller size cudmore pellets with one or two 14mm ones in there,you can also dip the hole thing in a pineapple glug like the richworths-pineapple hawian dip- this may get you a few extra takes.

the stocking is VERY high, lots of pasties,but there are a few doubles and supposedly a 30.The fish are not really wary at all and i will find that if i havent had a take after half an hour then i ALWAYS recast it then if not after a few recasts then i move swim,unless its on a very slow day and nobody is catching.

if you see fish show then definately move on it as they move in shoals. the bottom is clay so i tend to use a leadclip setup- you can get the brown fox coloured tubing or the clay korda components do the business.

if you fin that bites are finiky,you may turn theese into runs if you change to a running rig setup.The main thing is to keep it simple as the carp will not spook off casts really or respond to your loud radio 8) as in the summer it is chav central,my last advice is tie up alot of spare pva bags as you should be casting alot.people see anglers on tv with there rods in for days but it is not that kind of water at all,so you should always be casting,tieing orlooking for carpy spots. you can buy the cudmore pellets from the shop at around £3 a kg,i would defonataly buy some 14mm 4mm sizes :wink:

and thats about it lol :P