belvoir lakes

I have fished it a few times just a few hours on my way to work but only every 3 weeks due to shift pattern when i can.

It is very silty and very shallow in some areas it does got to 5-6 feet in places too roughly 500 carp in bottom lake 250 in toplake.

i would say i have done 8 trips to 15 fish roughly done 3 trips in winter around the ice and blanked but othher trips always caught.

Me and a mate went for 4 hours one morning he had a 22lb and a 13lb i had a 13lb 16lb and 18lb and lost one so it can be good.

Nicely run and friendly ballifs too biggest fish out this year is 27lb which my mate had average size around 14lb.

A good tip solid pva bag when temperature is up as close to island or the channel between island and bank should catch.

tight lines

i dont know what best baits and tactics for that time of year as not fished it around that time. But at present i use odyssey xxx but i think most quality baits would work as that is what i have been told. Rig wise bottom baits i use light leads and solid bags with crushed boilies and mini pellets. But dont discount chods or zig rigs(though not used these rigs on there yet).

What i will say is with there being alot of fish for 12 acres(roughly) dont sit for hours behind your rods make it happen move swap tactics i have moved after an hour before be light and mobile.

In summer and i think spring you should catch quite regular or at least see signs i was getting bites and fish every trip up until the day of the big freeze. Just dont over complicate rig wise.

May see yeah around i have blue focus st so stop and say hi

nearly all of it mate odd muscle patches but the silt is pretty much everywhere. The silt is a good few inches but longs it doesnt smell bad which it doesnt really they feed in it.

The fishery owner ant has been using siltex to help and it seems to be working gradually with it being a really old estate lake it will be silty.

i use bags and if i am fortunate to get a quickie i tend to put a couple of handfuls of loose baits about. With moving about dont want to chuck all my eggs in one basket.

But shane the baliff he piles bait in mainly seed mixes but he is there for about 3 days at a time.

If i was there all day in warmer time of year and stayed in one swim i would use about 3-4kilo of boilies but bait up every few hours through the day.

I will have a go of the top this year if i get chance.