willows lake st.albans used to be bowmans

I'd never go back either. Filthy hole run by shysters when I went.

3am and I'd just had a run on the farm lake, I look across the lake and there's a 4X4 with a large wtaer container on the back pulled up. The driver jumps out and starts using a match landing net to scoop fish out of the container and drop them into the lake. Very odd, most places publicise their stocking policy so why do it at 3am if it's not dodgy?

All the fish i caught were injured in some way, scales missing, open sores, fungal infections etc etc. The litter at the place was a joke. So many dodgy characters wandering round at all hours, I even remember a local brass coming round "offering" services. Pikey camp next door.

Then the final nail in the coffin was the dumping of dead fish into teh river and spreading disease all along the valley.

It was a while ago that I went but if that's how it was being run then the new owners (I heard it was taken over) have too much of an uphill climb to attract me back.