Cobleacre changes - Oh dear :/

liam17

Hi,

This is not strictly going to happen but word has it cobbleacre will be taking on a few changes in coming months.

It has been suggested they net the two main carp leisure lakes Adams and Alex's. All fish in excess of 10lb from Adams lake will be moved into Mario's specimen lake. All fish in excess of 5lb from Alex's will be moved into Adams with any over 10lb put into Mario's lake.

So to cut to the chase, if you want to catch a carp over 10lb you will have to fish Mario's Specimen lake. So Mario's lake sounds like its going to get better! But will it really? with the ever increasing number of Catfish in Mario's and this possible addition of all double figure carp surely it will stunt the growth of the specimen fish. Sure your chances of getting a run will be much higher but your chances of catching a PB are decreased.....

Don't quote me on this, because it might not happen and hopefully will not happen. I haven't heard it from Bob so cant know for sure.

If this does happen though, I can see Cobbleacre swiftly loosing popularity. Which is a shame because I quite like the place.

Hopefully some one can tell me what I have said isn't true :)

If I was a betting man,I would not bet on this happening...It may loose favour with your hardcore carp fisher types but with all the different types of accomadation they have the place will always be popular with Joe Bloggs...

I can see where your coming from. It will still be popular with holiday anglers, but like you say the 'hardcore' anglers will loose interest.

The locals, like myself, will loose interest as well. To be honest I have already lost interest in the leisure/pleasure lakes they are too heavily fished for my liking. That's why I fish Stanninghall and Hevingham lakes now. But for the bigger carp Cobbleacre - Mario's is still the best place near me. The layout is also quite nice there.

It will be a shame if they do swap the stock around a bit :?