Night Carping in Essex

Guest Anonymous

Essex is a big place mate. Where abouts are you? What sort of venue you after? I know of a nice water In brightlingsea near colchester. A good head of 20s and 1 or 2 known 30s. The guy who runs it has only been on it since early this year so there will be unknown fish in there. Its called Robinson park fishery. Look it up on facebook.

Danny

Guest Anonymous

There may well be a good head of 20's but try catching one! From what I hear, about 10 or 15 20's have come out this year but only to 3 or 4 people. Maybe they've put on a bit of weight since 2008 but that lake was teeming with 12-16/17 pounders. It's a beautiful lake to fish day or night & is nicely tucked out the way although (unless its changed) you'll need a bait boat to fish the far bank but regardless, the entire perimeter is/was snaggy .

If you look at the photo's on the Facebook page you'll see the island, about 30 feet to the left is a hole which normally produces. I've mapped the entire lake with my echo sounder & that's about the only bit that isn't flat.

Either that or join Paxmans & get sponsored to night fish even in ya 1st year.

yea i mean i live in maldon atm cause i work at police headquarters in chelmo but originally from manningtree, fished the quarry pit at stanway a lot as that is a police water and had a few big lumps out, just joined the maldon as and done a few nights over at the totham pits, had a few nice lumps out but nothing special.

bros fished that lake in brightling sea said it was ok but hes found places like cuton and birds green to be better,

to be very honest im really looking for a runs water, dont care where abouts in essex, tbh ill venture into the neighborung counties, hert, suffolk, kent etc, also looking at booking some time at churchwood if anyone knows about that place.

Guest Anonymous
also dont know anyone in paxmans

So you didn't write this :roll:

Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:57pm https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?p=501298&highlight=#501298

my brothers a member of paxmans and he took me over there the other week so if u know anyone who is a member of paxmans you should be able to go with them, its crazy action i had 30 carp in just over an hour

Guest Anonymous
There may well be a good head of 20's but try catching one! From what I hear, about 10 or 15 20's have come out this year but only to 3 or 4 people. Maybe they've put on a bit of weight since 2008 but that lake was teeming with 12-16/17 pounders. It's a beautiful lake to fish day or night & is nicely tucked out the way although (unless its changed) you'll need a bait boat to fish the far bank but regardless, the entire perimeter is/was snaggy .

If you look at the photo's on the Facebook page you'll see the island, about 30 feet to the left is a hole which normally produces. I've mapped the entire lake with my echo sounder & that's about the only bit that isn't flat.

What Rob the guy who now runs it has done is opened up the whole back of the lake. Adding another 5 swims making a total of 14. He has made the lake safer as far as snags are concerned and he has a paddle boat there just incase you do get snagged up.

I have fished it over a 48hr session and found the hole you are talking about aswell as several patches of gravel and a bloodworm bed. I have only been fishing for 2 months so this place is a gold mine for me to learn but can see how it doesnt appeal to an accomplished angler.

I myself have the paper work here for me and my brother to join paxmans also, we have decided not to as we generally can only fish nights together.

If you are after a runs water and are not bothered about size of fish too much. A place called geantree in Great horksley colchester is ok. Its where I first got a taste of carp fishing.

Danny

What Rob the guy who now runs it has done is opened up the whole back of the lake. Adding another 5 swims making a total of 14. He has made the lake safer as far as snags are concerned and he has a paddle boat there just incase you do get snagged up.

I have fished it over a 48hr session and found the hole you are talking about aswell as several patches of gravel and a bloodworm bed. I have only been fishing for 2 months so this place is a gold mine for me to learn but can see how it doesnt appeal to an accomplished angler.

I myself have the paper work here for me and my brother to join paxmans also, we have decided not to as we generally can only fish nights together.

If you are after a runs water and are not bothered about size of fish too much. A place called geantree in Great horksley colchester is ok. Its where I first got a taste of carp fishing.

Danny

rob does not own or run it mate paxmans do (decoy that is)

Guest Anonymous

Danny

Hi mate, Sorry was led to believe Rob was leasing it. Ill pm you. Dan

Danny

Hi mate, Sorry was led to believe Rob was leasing it. Ill pm you. Dan

:oops: my mistake :lol: talking about differant waters lol