fishing in portugal

stevescotney

Hi Steve

Your timing could not of been worse. It is closed season here in Portugal from the 15th of March to the 15th of May.

There is only one private water to fish in Portugal, it is called Lagoa da Alfarofia but if you are a match angler it won't be suitable, as you could wait a week for a run.

If your dates change or you want any more info, PM me, as I do most of my fishing in The Alentejo region.

Hello,

When you come to visit Portugal you can contact us www.apcf.pt, we are going update our website with some english information.

We also have some English anglers in our comunity that can help you better than me. :)

You also can see some pictures and videos.

Thank you and sorry for my bad english

Pedro Leitão

Associação Portuguesa de Carp Fishing

www.apcf.pt

• 3 months later...

not allowed to push my website about carp fishing in portugal but i have been fishing the area you are asking about more than any other angler in portugal your timing is ok the fish are feeding well at that time of year and there are 2 waters with lots of fish to 18lbs close to you my best catch was years ago and over 300lbs with 19 doubles e mail me or phone when you are out may be able to meet up my number is 282-442292 remember you need a permit

john bate in portugal

• 3 weeks later...

As far as bait is concerned I would keep simple use plastic maize fished over normal. Santa Clara is a massive massive reservoir ( you would need a week to walk around it) finding a good spot is the the key as it is so big. Holds mirror carp and Bass.

For me the best times fishing in Portugal are June and September as these months are hot but not unbearable like July and August.

I f you want any more info about fishing any other places in that area PM me.

as my mate has told you its big i 1st fished it 18 years ago and blanked but did see 1 carp that looked in mid 20s that day there are common carp barbel and black bass find area that has old trees in the water the carp like these areas there are areas where you almost never catch so its very hard but nice scenery

5000 acres

john bate

sweetcorn works ok

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...