hybrid soft

carpkid12345

I only bought some yesterday but thats not to say they havn't stopped making it. I wouldn't have thought they would stop making it as coated braid is the most used hooklink material around and they would be losing a massive market if they let it go. The hybrid stiff has been reduced in the amount that is produced as many found it awkward and too much hassle to use (steaming it to keep it straight and to strip it etc). Check the korda site it may be in their news feed.

Cheers

Will

Not sure of the official reason I'm afraid.

However, my own experience was that it was very unpredictable. Some rigs tied with it gave me no issues - others would "fail" for no apparent reason. I stopped using it over a year ago - other than for mending the holes in my landing net.

Official reason was certain batches snapped on loop knots, they spent hours on the DVDs telling people to tie them and...SNAP!!!

They brought out the stiff as a replacement which IMO is nowhere near as good, ive got half a spool of soft left and ill be gutted when its gone. I ALWAYS use loop knots and ive had no bother at all, some people did though. There is a point where the manufacturers have to recall products if there is an obvious issue, not a one off. It will be calculated in percentages and cost effectiveness i imagine.

Cant you remember the last DVD??? Mr Fairbrass told people to use the little rig rings instead of loop knots, he never shut up about it!! Clever really as it means you will go buy the rig rings now even though the stiff is fine with loops.