Kingsbury - Pine or Canal?

Finally got the trip to Kingsbury confirmed, we're heading over early on Sunday.

Only question is:

Do we hit Pine Pool or Canal Pool?

My colleague popped in yesterday and checked out Pine, said it wasn't as weedy as he remembered and clear spots are clearly visible, water gin clear, fish showing all over.

Just checked the Fisheries website (http://www.fisheries.co.uk/kingsbury/) and Canal pool looks just as interesting.

Colleague has fished Pine previously and struggled in the weed, so we've both read up on fishing in/near weed and feel a bit more confident in our approach. Just wondered on the option of fishing Canal pool instead...

Cheers mate. that makes the decision really quite simple.

I don't get out fishing very often, so each morning of a fishing trip is like Christmas morning for a 6 year old :wink:

I'll be there early.

I'll probably have forgotten to put any tackle in the car boot, but I'll be there...

Cheers mate. that makes the decision really quite simple.

I don't get out fishing very often, so each morning of a fishing trip is like Christmas morning for a 6 year old :wink:

I'll be there early.

I'll probably have forgotten to put any tackle in the car boot, but I'll be there...

Well good luck :) might pop down on the evening

We struggled all day.

neither had a fish, I had a couple of strange takes, packed gear away at around 6 and set up the 10ft stalking rod, had a wander around and must have dropped my bait in front of dozens of carp, nothing showed much interest.

It's certainly a good venue, very challenging with the clear water and weed, the other thing I liked was the lack of idiots :wink: no-one shouting accross the lake at their mates, no-one behaving like fools, much better than the commercials...

We'll be back.

May have been better to stay put Matt they usually start feeding after about 5 and the strange takes may have been birds diving on yr baits,the moorhens have a way of just grabbing the boillie without getting hooked :)

Get there early morning, youll do alot better;)

saturday and from 8 in the morning sunday mate,the fish were catchable as a few came out but i reckon i just chose the wrong pegs and wrong tactics probably wrong baits too,was fishing inline leads with a short clear amnesia hooklink and pop up cell boilies on both days a lot of fish in the back bay on the far bank and in the corner opposite peg 8 by the willow the lad oppsite me landed two and lost a couple..seen a grass snake swimming across to the island too..which was nice :)