Pine pool

hi fellas, i'm booked on pine pool for this coming weekend to do sat night.there are five of us going, fishing 10 11 12 13 14 not 100 percent on the 10 11 it could be 9 and 11 or 9 and 10. anyway i've ended up with 14 which looks like it is a the side of one of the islands.Can you tell me if this swim produces?? and any advice?? i'm not after too much info already got few things lined up,just wondered if swim 14 produced now and then or have a got a stinker!!! ??? thanks in advance BOB (aka Steve) :)

out of the five of us fishing 9,10,11,12,13 i fished 9 i was the only one to catch,two commons 12lb and 14lb caught at 12am and 4am,solid bag into weed. Think two lad across on the first point had two between them as well.They didnt want to know in the day i had three zigs out all day at varying depths and baits to no avial. Unfortunatly we came home for the england game!!! what a mistake!!!

Think the weather is just to hot at the moment,they just seem to like cruising around, i was there monday evening and there were loads of fish moving but just cruising,from what i can gather most fish come off the top at this time of year...

They do there mate, funnily enough its only the smaller fish that come off the top, only ever took 1 20 off the top there mate and about 15 others that were double..Pretty strange really

yeh i tend to agree with you lads,there were loads of fish cruising but they all seemed small fish,i did get a few taking floaters now and again but within a couple of minutes the bloody birds moved in!!! :x to be honest they were a nightmare.Ended up bringing rods in about 2 o'clock and didnt put them back in till 7.A bloke came round in the morning think you'll know him if you fish regular,small bloke late fifties? says he always fishes beachcaster,he was a right character!!! :lol:

i have given up putting free floaters out and just fish a single floater if the fish are taking bits of the top,other people ive chatted to fill the birds up with floaters first before putting their baits in but theres that many moorhens and coots on the pool it would cost a small fortune everytime i went...and was the guys name bob by any chance ?? and how did you get on with the mozzies i get murdered by them every time i go ?

yeh i tend to agree with you lads,there were loads of fish cruising but they all seemed small fish,i did get a few taking floaters now and again but within a couple of minutes the bloody birds moved in!!! :x to be honest they were a nightmare.Ended up bringing rods in about 2 o'clock and didnt put them back in till 7.A bloke came round in the morning think you'll know him if you fish regular,small bloke late fifties? says he always fishes beachcaster,he was a right character!!! :lol:

Beachcaster BOB !!!!!! :lol:

Penk my mrs brought me some cheap insect repellent and that seems to keep em off for a while,costs about 50p a tin but smells like fly spray..ill ask her where she got it from.i saw a guy fishing on the point a few weeks back and he was just wearing a pair of black speedos or something..bit strange i thought but he must have been in agony the next day..serves him right.

• 2 months later...