Middle Trench Pool

I'm sure that somewhere on here there will be a few post's about Trench. I have spent a few years of my life on the place and more than a few quid in the Blue Pig the boozer on the banks of it. A very hard water which is usually choked with weed low carp population and a huge population of tench. Its shallow and the birds do your head in. A large amount of the banks are formed of very large rocks which are extremely dangerous to fish off and many of us carry extensive scars from falling on them. Some nice fish though and in my eyes a far more challenging water than the middle over the road which to me is a dump although the fish do hit the 30lb mark.

Trench, a great water but can be a real head banger. Had more than my fair share of blank sessions on there, but well worth it tho.

Jez introduced me to Trench and the Blue Pig, he will be hearing from my solicitor :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dont blame me you're over 18 (a long way over 18) :lol:

All those fish are around the 22/23 mark from memory. Thay were caught about 3 years ago and the fish were putting on about 1.5lb a year. I have heard of some 25/26lb fish this year but let me warn you that if the weed is up and it looked bad back in Feb then you will struggle to fish the water. Try 01952 503550 (rod and Gun) for ticket info.

Not much decent carp fishing in this area unless you manage to get on one of the few decent syndi's in the area. Trench, Middle, Wide waters and Blue pool on the telford ticket are good 20s waters. A few of the other telford waters such as Apley, dandy are good runs waters. dawley AA have a couple of waters at hinkshay/stirchley that have a few fish in them and the Withy pool in telford park is day ticket with plenty of doubles in it. Day ticket waters inc Bayliss which is off junc 4 of the M54 lots of fish but also lots of anglers.

Rosehill on the A41 up towards Market Drayton is syndi go have a chat with the Guy who lives in the Mill house next door. You have field aston just out of newport basically an old irrigation Res, Stoogi on here and give you some info on it. Other than that you are looking at Rob Hales waters which are all exclusive and exspensive have a look at his website Rob Hales fisheries. As for tips for Trench Time and lots of it :lol:

P1010094.jpg

Did the camera man turn to stone after taking that shot? :lol:

As for Field Aston, although it now has a few 30s in, i wouldn't bother. It's a bleak, barren, hole in the ground. The fish were easy to catch, but i woke up every morning wishing i were somewhere else.