New world record (Scar Fish)

138cgj

Anyone else heard the Scar has apparently hit 99lb :shock:

Posted on another forum:

"Just to update everyone on the recent capture of the Scar at 99 lbs...

It was caught, and it did weigh in at 99 lbs...The scales are on their way to be verified at W&M..but I'm certain they are acurate.

The fish has gained 8 lbs in weight since it's last capture 5 weeks ago, which can only be down to the fish taking on water just prior to spawning, which is part of the normal spawning process....I'm a bit concerned for the fish at the moment, and will feel a lot better once it has spawned successfully.

Hopefully we will get to see it again fairly soon, back at it's normal spawned out weight, as it's in a very delicate condition at the moment, and we can't understand why it was even interested in feeding just prior to spawning.

I doubt if there will be a record claim this time, as my mate caught it while I was taking a weeks break in the South of France, and he has no independant witness, just his family...

The fishes condition is taken into account too...if it gets caught again at a similar weight then thats different....But it's his shout at the end of the day, so if he wants to claim it he can.

But look on the bright side of it.....even though it was holding water, it shows the fish is capable of supporting such a weight, and happy to feed too! so could maybe achieve a similar regular weight one day....but I think it will take it a fair while to do that though to be honest.

Ambrose Smith, the fella that caught it.....took a handfull of pictures and got it back as soon as possible, he was quite worried about dealing with the fish with out me being there, as he was aware of how close to spawning they were.... I'll ask a mate to post one up here so you can all have a look.

Well done to Am' though...he caught the Scar and it weighed 99 lbs!...I understand it's a new PB for him.

regards to all,

Luke"