night fishing venue needed

i hope somone can help. I need soe recommendations for a night venue for 3 or 4 days, with big carp and cats somewhere in the middle of the country. I was going to bluebell, but i didn't really want to pay a million pond for the week..... :)

Im coming from yorkshire and my mates from essex, so we want to meet in the middle. dont fancy a1 pits as if the wind picks up, its a knightmare. and i dont want puddles in the ground either....any where from northampton, leicestshire, nottinghamshire etc..

I've seen a few lakes from the m1 near milton keynes ish... so if people know what they are.

i prefer lakes with over hanging trees and the odd island if possible.

Thanks in advance!

bradleigh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

fish willowcroft quite a lot, 6 island lake excellent m8 if you like cats, there are 320 of them in there up to 60+ and if you can get to the carp (normally when cats move) they grow big too, up to 48lb. fishing mid week rather than weekend is better as is less crowded, its quite weedy but dont let that put you off, the cats love feeding in it, just fish with 22mm or 28 mm pellet with pop-up on and you will get run after run, fished it begining of the month for 3 days and son had 22 cats out up to 27lb and he didnt fish the first 2 nights. you have to use coated braid as hook links as uncoated aint allowed. give jodie or cindy a ring and book in and they will tell you all you need to know. good hunting m8