fishing in near leicester

Theres Jelsons club which has waters in syston and frisby, one of theirs (Meynell) has done 2 x 30's I think - and one of the Frisby ones has a good number of 20's in so I'm told.

Melton club runs the big pit at Frisby and some other waters - again I think Frisby has done a 30.

Birstall Gravel pits has club lakes and a syndicate - dont know about the stock on them, worth checking out.

Theres a lake near Loughborough Tommy Teds or something like that - big fish and pricey - so I'm told.

Murphy's is a syndi in syston/thurmaston - over the canal from King Lear's lake on Watermead Park - dont know whats in there anymore.

Saddington Res is syndi - had big fish, re-stocked with simmos - no idea what sizes they are.

Broome AS has some lakes both sides of the city - worth checking out, dont think theres too much in the way of sizeable fish though.

There is a club known as 'The MAL ticket' - Leics Amalgamation of Anglers - or sommat! Only thought on that club is that it has a lake on the Ringstead Complex Northants or did have - that had decent fish or still does.

Cant say that any info above is accurate - just what I used to know or have heard locally, dont fish in Leics hardly ever any more - bit out of touch.

There is another couple of clubs that I cant remember at the minute and probably a few more syndicates that I'm sure will come to me or someone else will recall. Plenty of day ticket places and council run waters that are cheap to fish. Some even have a few whackers in :wink:

Hope this is of some use?

I've only mentioned Leics Waters.