lakes in leicester

• 3 months later...

Hinkley Angling Club

http://www.hinckleyanglingclub.co.uk/

I'm looking for somewhere to settle on for a season, will still tour around a little bit, but want somewhere where I can really "learn the water" and also come and go as I please.

The HAC water seems to fit the bill nicely, and a few of the regulars here are members, (which I'm sure they wouldn't be if it was naff :wink: )

Am off to Lakeside this weekend - hence finding this thread...

If i was looking to join somewhere matt it would be john merricks, near syston, £85 for the year and you get to fish 3 lakes for that,merricks, king leir, and another one as well, you can get a season ticket from county hall at glenfield, theres a good head of twentys in there and the odd 30 knocking around, the lake itself is set in beautiful surroundings and very quite, hope this helps lads, i'll be joining again next season :wink:

Been to watermead loads of times with the kids, not seen many people fishing there (we normally park up by King Lear and walk through to the nature reserve). Will give it a look the next time were over and have a wander around Merricks (only really seen this from the road as you drive in).

Cheers Sime :wink: I'll look into it further.

Well worth the money matt, if you do decide to join p.m me and we'll have a brew on the bank, i'll show you a few decent areas to chuck a line :wink: i'm defo joining next season, think the ticket runs from june until june :roll: plus if you do go with someone and you get peckish the pub HOPE AND ANCHOR is literally a stones throw away from merricks, also i forgot to tell you for your megar £85 you also get a gate key in with that price :wink:

Sime,

(apologies for the barrage of questions!)

How does Watermead (merricks/lear) fish in the winter?

(just wondering if I'm better waiting or jumping in now)

Is it safe to fish alone?

Can a permit holder "sign-in" guests for night fishing?

(no idea how this works as I've never been a member anywhere before)

Watermede is without a doubt a tough nut to crack, 45 acres i think :roll: merricks is like most waters matt if you can find them you can nail them :lol: as for fishing there at night safety wise, i have heard that it had a reputation of people getting mugged, but never really seen anything like that myself, booking guests in is a strict no no, best thing i could suggest to you matt is take a trip down at the weekend and have a chat with some of the lads on there :wink: hope this helps matt.

sime

• 9 months later...