Mora d' ebra (river ebro

splinters

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi...whilst you may know this already...you need 2 differrent licenses to fish the Ebro.

Yep a standard day ticket can be purchase from various bars or tackle shops where you fish...only 4-5 euros a day...but you need a general license to get one of these and you will want to get on e of these before you go...it takes up 2 weeks.Its a license that lasts 12 months.I think you get them in Lleda or Zaragosta...by post or in person.No idea of adreess details (my guides always got them).maybe speak to 1 of the catfishing tour companies and they will advise.

Cheers

Guys,

Splinter asked for information on the Riba roja area which is in Catalonia not Mequinenza which is in Aragon. A licence for Mequinenza is not valid in Catalonia. If he wishes to fish the Riba roja area and Mequinenza then he will need two licences- one for Catalonia and one for Aragon. If he only wishes to fish the Riba roja area and down to the delta, then he only needs a Catalan licence.

Splinter, you can purchase your Catalan licence online from the Generalitat de Catalunya for 14 Euros and 15 cents (approximately 10 GB pounds).

There is more information at

http://www.ebro-fishing.com/spanish_fishing_licence.html

There is a link directly to the Catalan agency where you may purchase the licence online and the website is in English. Some guides say they can obtain your licence for you but the Generalitat website makes it clear that it is NOT allowed.

I hope you find this useful.

Good luck with your fishing trip and lets hope you catch a few really big ones.

John.

John

thanks for your help can you help with any pointers to fishing the area mentioned.

thanks Steve

A up mate, are u fishing for the cats or Carp? I was at mequienenza 2 years ago on a guided cat fishing trip for a week which was spot on. There was some guy's in a camper van fishing on the same stretch landing carp upto 30lb and getting smashed quite oftern on carp gear.

hy if you are in riba-roja you can get your licences from the paper shop in riba-roja,you can get a 1 year or 4 year rod licence the cost is 14.15euros for 1 year,40 euros for 4years.a season ticket which will cover you from ria-roja to flix is 17 euros but you must ask for 001,002,003,if you want to fish from a boat you must get a licencia de embarcacions at 11.10 euros and you can only get that in moira de ebro from the agricultra office very easy to find,try fishing the method scalded pellet and use maize on the hair only 12 euros for 40 kilos dry should last you a week.if you need any more info pm me and i"ll get intouch with you,fished most of the river having lived out there for 3 years

• 4 weeks later...

hi splinters hope your not to confused by all the forums diffrent postings etc . Iwill try and make life easy for you. my webpage is

www.carpdreamfishing.com my articles are on richards webpage here at forum.carp.com ok here we go. I can get your licences for you before you arrive pm me how to do this. I can also supply you with bait for your carp and catfishing whilst here in spain. where i live i have full access to live bait as the eel farm is 2 mins from my house. we always carry at leat 1000 kilos of bait for carp at any one time. we can help with where to fish we have a selection of boats to choose from, be it river or sea fishing. we are very well established on the river ebro . we are the oldest carp and catfishing company here on the delta that supply you with all tackle on a full inclusive holiday. so let me know what you need no fuss no confusion and no websites to search through. Lets hope this can make your holiday smother and easier. hope this helps

thanks for now gary your guide on the ebro.

the fishing has been superb mate the catfish are still on the move and the river has not drop its temperates as low as the last four years but i can only speak of the delta region . above the dams it does differ and has been colder in the nights as low as -3 some nights. the fish are feeding very well. pm me for a good offer of fishing the ebro or see our webpage

www.carpdreanfishing.com

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i have been 2 mora d ebra 4 times. i stayed in the town 5 minutes from mora its self call ginestar.my pb is 96lb . lisences are easy to get all you reli need is very basic spanish to say Licensia de pesca which means fishing lisence. i also have fished up in mecanesa and had suscess but its seems over fished to me . the guy i fished with in mora has this website www.ebroboathire.com . a realy good angler who no's the river very well. i also would like to add dont risk been caught without a liscence as there is fines and tackle been took off people !!!!!