ecton lake northampton

hi guys

ive been offered a place on ecton lake on the ecton complex and just wondering if any1 has got any info on the lake i.e

stocking levels

weed problems

is it medium/hard going on there

can you drop your gear off at your swim then park up

cheers

Alright mate, i fish one of the other lakes on the complex. I've not fished Ecton myself but i have walked round it a few times. You can drive the full length of the pit along one bank which is good as it would be a hell of a treck with the barrow. I'm not too sure on the stocking density but if you look on the website i'm sure you will see what the lake holds. There really are some stunners in there. It's pretty weedy but where isn't ?? You just have to work with it.

If you are keen on joining i would definitely go for a look before handing over your money, as the track that leads down to the lakes is very bumpy and is one of the reasons i won't be re-newing this year.

Good luck, Sam.

the track that leads down to the lakes is very bumpy and is one of the reasons i won't be re-newing this year.

Good luck, Sam.

Nice lakes once you get down to them but as Seleb says, probably the worst "track" I have ever driven down & it goes on forever (20mins to get to the lake to keep my car in one piece"!!!

Fishing is good, some lovely fish in all the lakes but I only managed one season and moved on too.

Also it has been like it for a good few years now and by the sound of it - hasn't got any better!

It takes me roughly ten minutes to get down it. It is pretty bad but if you take your time you shouldn't have any problems , the good thing about it is that all the lakes are very quiet. Just take a ride down and have a look, you forget all about the track once you're there :wink: It is a really well run complex with common sense rules, you don't get hassled by any bailiffs down there, you just get on with the fishing and hopefully catch a few while you're at it.

Hi mate. I have fished down there on/off for 15 years or so I guess. The big lake has a large head of fish running into the 100s. I couldnt guess the true number! I know upward of 150 have been stocked in the last 5 years. 70 Simmos went in 5 years back, some of these are now doing 30. Lots of 20's and 30's up to a scraper 40 mirror. Can be tricky on the big lake but a good angler can usually catch!

I tend fish the Jigsaw these days when I venture down there, but a lot of members consider that one to be a bit of a headbanger.

The track is crap, but the owner is geting it bulldozed shortly and getting it levelled. The harsh winter has not helped. If you take it easy though and dodge a few holes its ok.

Any Q's pm me

Graeme