Weybread - - Ocean pit

Evening All, does anyone currently fish this lake or fished it recently ? If so can you offer any info please... Im guessing its not easy but I like a challenge, wondered what sort of fish and sizes have been caught ?? any help or info much apreciated.. cheers

when i fished it a few years ago, most of the fish came from the marginal shelf, there are a few platau's, one of them very obvious sandy one between the island on the arm.

i suppose area's for starting points are halls pit end(100's), the 40's -60's ,no carp bay up at halls pit end, and opposite the bottle pit, dredger bay nr the sailing club was out of bounds.

you will soon get a idea where generally too fish as these are the used pegs with the best features, making the lake a smaller task too patrol for fish.

fish wise they introduced a load of stock from the middle pit,along with the originals, a low 20 was a realistic target, since i fished it ive heard various tales of fish wandering off down the river when it floods.

bait wise boilies,maize as hookbaits,chunky pellet(20mm+) seemed the best bet,and floaters/bread now and then off the top.

i dont know the present fortunes of ocean pit now, but thats how it was when i fished it.

yep i would agree with the above but don`t listern to the story`s of monster`s in there cause they are not true not sure on the numbers of fish but it`s not a lot fish sizes i would say high 20`s to scrapper 30`s the good thing is you can use 4 rod`s on there so you have plenty of option`s i havn`t fished it for a couple of years now there are bigger fish in the no`1 pit but it get`s to busy for my liking