Goodiford mill specimen pond

• 2 years later...

What size was it? Saw online it said about 7 acres but can't always be too sure also the swims, are the proper swims with chippings and what not or or muddy banks?

Any other info on your little walk around would be great as emailed the owners but no reply

Hi all, I fished ther ein 2008, the end of July. Each year we have an annual fishing hol of around 4 days, this was my favourite place so far!!!

We didn't know much about it, and found out very little until we got there. There were 5 of us and we booked a peg each, although we only saw one other angler the whole time we were there, so may have been a bit of overkill.

I fished in swim 1, my granddad fished the swim diagonally opposite me, and he had the most action!! It was high 20's all the time we were there, so not great fishing weather, but there was a pipe up the far end, and I think all the silt and stuff was pushed either side of the flow, that's where my Gdad was having all his runs from. He had th emost runs, but lost the most too.

I fished swim one and we arrived Thursday, everyone had had fish except me and I wiatied until Sunday morning to have a fish, had a coupl eof very round 15lbers. We left Monday, but I went out and fished the same spot for a couple of hours, and I landed this klovely 26lb 11 ghostie, was well chuffed!!!! Definitely worth using the pellets they sell on site as loose feed, as they also feed them all through the year. Just used a five star baits boilie on the hair, but I'm sure any other hookbait will work well. Tried particles, but I think they got demolished by the roach before they hit the deck.

It wasn't easy, but the weather was tough, and I reckon if you had some nice warmish overcast weather it could be good.

Swim one was the deep end, the other end by the pipe was the shallower end. Will try to put some pics up of the swims. Lots and lots and lots of small roach, so fishing for any other species was difficult.

If you get bored, you can always go up to the top lake and have a go up there, as the carp fishing up there was great up to around 18lb, but there was supposed to be bigger in there.

Think if I was to go again I'd try to find some silt, feed big baits such as boilies, or fish a zig if it's hot again.

26lb11Goodifordpeg1b.jpg

Hope that helps, anything else I can help with please shout :wink:

Swims were just muddy swims. I think it's overlooked personally, doesn't see that much angling pressure, or it didn't when we were there.

The other thing, not sure if it's still the same, is that the cabins are not far away, but you're not able to get to them with ur gear, as you have to cross a stream and up a steep bank!!! We drove round with all our gear in the car!!

Fished peg 7 Friday til Monday, the swims are now all sorted with gravel topped with bark so was ideal with this wetter weather. I personally blanked but my old man (peg 8 ) had a fish known as Lumpy out at 24lb 14oz while his mate in 9 had the most action but was able to fish to the bank with the outlet

As you said yourself this is a very under fished venue when you talk to the few other anglers around. It does have a little caravan park onsite and a few cabins behind the far bank with hot tubs which did cause for a little noise with the drunken mums singing along to Rod Stewart and Tina Tuner all night but this did save my batteries on my radio and was funny listening to them slurring & giggling like school girls come 10 o'clock

I'd happily fish here again and hopefully get in 1 or 10

Cool, shame that you blanked, we wend to Woodlakes in Norfolk last Thursday and all I had to show was an 8lb bream! lol. HArdly any locals fishing that, asn the ones that came for a walk were saying the reason no locals fishing it is because of all the rain and cold weather and they know it doesn't fish well in those conditions, great!!! Would defo go back tho, as a lovely place, cabins righ on the lake and you can fish outside!!

Would love to go back to goodiford!! They didn't have hot tubs when we were there!! Sounds like they've upgraded it all, wonder if there's a safe path from the lodges to the lake now?

Which is 9/10? Are they the ones diagnolly opposite peg 1? How many/big did your mate have?

Drunken mums, sounds like it would heva been funny, lol!!