Nottingham Anglers Accsociation Waters

Hello

I have just joined the NAA.I hear that they have many good carp waters.

But in paticular im intrested in Bestwood Duck Ponds as it contains 5 lakes to night fish.As u could imagine the big fish wont be easy to catch and i have never seen the water b4.so i was wondering if anyone know's what the bottom is,r there know snags and are the carp bolie munchers or do they prefer the naturals.

Cheers guys

im actually joining naa this weekend but i have a mate who runs a tackle shop and the lads who fish bestwood tell him tutti fruti boilies work best on there and not sure you can night fish all the ponds but i do know they,ve got silly rules ie on certain ponds you cant use alarms and wont allow shelters but should be in the book what you can and cant do i reckon oldmoor pond is worth a go aswell

old moore pond ie strelley pond is my local water spent many a weekend on ther the bottom is as flat as a pancake no features under water stick to the margins and rear occassions the island my biggest out of there was last october 18.5 mirror dont think there is anything much bigger but loades of stockies to lower doubles on the right day a great runs water , bestwood duck ponds is old gravel quarries quite clear water some weed some snags you can night all 5 ponds brollies on 1-3-4- bivvys on 2-5 alarms 1-3-4- dusk till dawn 2-5 all the time this is just to be fair to the noddys tight lines

I used to be a Notts AA member til about 9 years ago and fished both places. Assuming they haven't changed much in that time -

I fished Oldmoor regularly for a while - it's highly stocked and the carp are mainly to low doubles but a few a bit bigger. The biggest was rumoured to be a low twenty when I used to fish it, but my pb from there was 16 and a half. As Nottscarper says, definitely a runs water - margins and island best. I also used to catch a lot off the top.

I only fished Bestwood a couple of times, just before a time when I stopped fishing for about 5 years. Number 2 was the main carp lake (bivvies & buzzers allowed). Did 2 night sessions on there and had 6 fish each session, biggest 21lb, both times fishing near the island with PVA bags of whiskey boilies and pellets. At that time the carp supposedly went up to about mid 20s. I couldn't really comment authoritively on features on the basis of only a couple of sessions, but wasn't aware of any major underwater features on number 2. It's a nice looking place, but not really my type of thing now - mainly because (again assuming it's as it used to be back then) it's too busy for my tastes.

the top pool of pond 2(right next to pond 1) is the deep end and a favoured patrol point is the tree lines around the bank but i think any were on the pond is good as long as you fish to a over hang you should get some out... In the top pool if you fish to the back of the island under the big willow tree there is a depression in the lake bed (if its still there look for the orange plastic barrier on the island its in line with that )its a good holding spot for night and day sessions hope this helps tight lines.... 8):D8)

GET DOWN TO PLANET CARP IN NOTTINGHAM, ACE STORE AND THE GUYS ARE A GREAT BUNCH IM SURE THEY COULD HELP YOU MATE. I DONT KNOW ANY OF THE WATERS BUT I CAME FROM BIRMINGHAM TODAY BY TRAIN TO PLANET CARP TO PURCHASE GEAR FROM THEM FOUND THEM TO BE A TOP BUNCH THROUGHLY RECCOMEND THEM TO EVERYONE SO IM SURE THEY CAN HELP YOU OR JUST GO FOR YOUR BAIT TACKLE OR JUST A CHAT :D

Sadly i havent been able to put your methods into practice as my car failed it's MOT :( last week. ( poor old girl) .

But i see a weekender on the cards in a week or so fingers crossed.

I have heard of planet carp but as it's in arnold i havent been there.may have to pop in on the way to bestwood for a for tips :P