pool hall wolverhampton

Fished the runs water Sunday for a day session but struggled with the cold North Easterly blowing across the pool :oops: . Nobody had anything off the speci lake while we were there but a couple of good fish came off on Friday including the big mirror that was stocked last November, take a look at the website. Nick is doing a great job up there, there has been 2 stockings of fish ranging from 17lb upto 31lb over the last 2 years which I think was a total of 30-40 fish maybe more. My biggest to date was a mirror of 26lb 10oz and a 31lb cat I also broke my 20 up there so it's a good well run fishery. Boilie wise any quality bait will work, my fish have always come SBS M1 and the their worm boilies. Like I said take a look at the website, good value for money,quality fish and some of the cleanest and comfortable pegs going.

Was up there sunday to tues on speci, fishing dam wall..had 1, (19lb mirror) Mate had 2(18 & 19 1/2)..We were only ones to catch,,they seem to be holed up still in the deeper water(dam end) SAW A FEW MILLING AROUND IN "STALKERS"..Nick will advice you on whereabouts to fish..caught mine on M'LINE fusion,word of warning, he's banned all particle' s.. inc hemp corn etc, due to idiots not prepping them properly.. am up there again this sat, hope with the milder weather and a bit of low pressure conditions , the carp should wake up...

Thought he would, can't blame him to be honest with the money he has spent the last 2 years. I have always caught on fishing boilies only anyway so no odds to me, tried fishing over pellets once before but they seem to get preoccupied with small food items. Just a pva bag of crushed boilies now and again just to help to create a scent trail I dont really put many boilies in either maybe 50 or so in 12 hrs and always before dusk when they start to move back down to the dam after spending most of the day up towards the island. You can almost set your watch by them you start to see them boshing out closer and closer to the dam wall as the light level falls as they know a shed load of bait will be going in before it gets dark. I also try and stay away from the dam wall too I tend to faver pegs 2 and 3 roadside and the dug outs canalside, that way i can intercept them on their way from end to end. Hopefully with the new introductions they should disperse more evenly across the pool.

yeah, dugouts are good on the right day,, you can catch em as little as 10/15ft out, they follow the deep channel that runs towards the dam..Me thinks its going to be very busy there this summer now its done its 1st 30 for twenty odd yrs,, at least you can now pre-book your swim now , as long as you pay in advance..