willowcroft cambs fishery six islands ,

• 5 weeks later...

I just don't like Carp Puddles, I like lakes and reservoirs that are in excess of 25 acres, so you are having to use you skills to find them and then get them out.

I don't want to knock any fisheries, but like most commercial fisheries, the natural food source wouldn't sustain the size of the fish in there, if it wasn't for the anglers bait and topped up with additional feed.

What did you have from there by the way....

i just did a 24 hr session on monday and tuesday i arived at 3.30pm set up and by 7pm id banked a 10lb mirror by 9pm id got a new pb in the shape of a 32lb 4oz mirror then followed it on tuesday by a 12lb 15lb 28lb and another new pb of 32lb 10oz all on the mistral i40 to say im chuffed is an understatement so no complaints here and i have to say i was one of six anglers on the bank the others had been there since saturday and from what i remember they had had 3 fish. i dont see it as a chuck and wait venue i still think you have to find the spots they feed on so a ceertain amount of skill is involved. personaly i dont think i have the confidence to fish larger venues yet and being limited to short sessions i thik this is a good training ground with the potential to bank some stunning carp. my first 32lbr even still had its curtain intact.... anyway ill be visiting again very soon and recomend it for anyone looking to further their skills and knowlidge. :D