heaton park

well mate! first of all thanks 4 that about sale! i think i might give that a go in the very near fuure :wink: also can u tell me ow much it is 4 a day and season ticket 4 heaton park :!: if u need any good info on the plce mastercarper is the man 2 ask about heaton. im gunner give heaton a bash 2moz :!: so cheers 4 now :D

f ished two short days last week at heaton BLANKED.Its 3 qud for a day ticket there are no bait bans and use as many rods as u like or that is what the baliff told me you can also night fish if you desire.does anyone know how may fish are in there and too what size they go

Guest Anonymous

Sale is miles better now with new bailiff - top bloke - doesnt stand any messing at all and will even help you carry your gear. Just stay away from water sports side - not that the fish seem bothered by them anymore

sale isnt too far from middleton about 20-25 mins and you can nightfish heaton parkwhen nightfishing heaton you can move your car as close to your peg as u can get it but it must be back in the car park by the time the gates are opened again oh and once your locked in your not getting your car backk out that nigt

• 2 weeks later...

hi mate the boating lake holds loads of fish ranging from singles up to around 16lb they average around 10-13lbs and are predominantly commons. As for trouble ive fished it a lot and never had any although be carefull where you park. Pegs wise yo cant go far wrong fishing from the cobbled bank towards the island. Keep an eye on the wind as the fish do follow it. Ive had some excellent results on zig rigs and tigers. hope that helps let me know how you get on :wink:

• 1 year later...

This post is long overdue.

Personally i think the lake is pretty hard, the fish can just turn right off, and like someone said they do follow the wind majority of the time.

Not sure how many carp are in the lake, dont think anyone does. There has been a lot of foreigners and polish coming on and taking the fish, heard they eat them :x .

Iv just had a huge break from carp fishing for about 2 years, so that was about the last time i fished there, record fish iv "heard" is about 21lb put me or any or my mates havent seen it. The biggest iv caught there was 15.8, none of my mates have seen any bigger than that, so im guessin the fish may have got bigger now.

In summer i hammered the lake with richworth complex and tutti frutti, was getting about 6 out a day from about 11lb to 14lb. Which is a good day on the lake. Simple methods work, pva bags,stringers, pellets not very fussy. The lake can be good if you pre bait, my friend the baliff on there uses alot of particles usually stays for about a week and does very well.

Islands are good to fish too, the buoy in the middle of the lake, margins on some pegs and if anyone is local then dogs corner is a pretty good place to set up.

When i used to fish there, you do get the occasional thug due to the fair being so close, if the fairs not there then your sweet.

Very silty lake,about 5 .5 foot deep in some places.

Anyone wants to know more just ask, think i might do fri and sat this weekend on there :D

• 12 years later...

Heaton Park boating lake fishing well I’m pop-up me and my cousin done a couple of nights on the boating lake I caught a 21 pound Mirror carp  my cousin has a 22 pound Mirror carp Not fishing for long time but then couple days before the weather started slashing down gave us some good fish I recommend and try I don’t think you can night fish now what is no harm in asking