Wyreside Fisheries St Michaels

Hey peeps

Just wondering i am going fishing at wyreside fisheries st michaels and i am just wondering who ever has fished there what is best peg, bait to use.

i booked on peg 4 been told that it has a ditch at the side of it where the fish go dont know whether that is true.

Cheeers

peg 4 not so great pal,pegs 1-5 very slow(although pegs 2/3 can fish the bar coming off to the right of the island and the silt traps around it) pegs 7/12 all flyers.nice wide spreads of a decent food bait will catch the fish but steer clear of pva bags and tight beds of bait.all in all the fish in the lake will allways show themselves so using a bit of watercraft u should be able 2 locate them without to much trouble before u set up, if the lake isnt full.most bites come through the nite or early doors and often u have more chance on the zigs throughout the day.hope that u some use 2 you pal

cheers mate yeah that is alot of use...its just went in october and it was realli sloww blanked after two nights and tbh dont usually do that after two nights i didnt even geet one bite i was on peg 10. so i think ill try peg 7 i think thats good ... have you any idea where to fish on peg 7 in open water or next to the filter ... cuz i know there is a filter on peg 7 well off peg 7 neways.

cheers pal

fish can be caught within a rod length or 2 of the left hand bank from peg 7 (what i normally do is walk the left hand bank from peg 7 with rod in hand and keep bouncing the lead around on a straight drop from the rod tip untill i find the better areas,once found i leave my bucket as close to the spot/edge as possible as a marker(prefferring myself 2 fish just into the silt as the hard spots get hammered) .also a bit early yet but this is the swim that holds the large weed beds out in open water(60/70 yards) and is usually the best swim on the lake.there is a high bank behind peg 7,from here if the weed is up it will be visible,as will the clear spots within them.the fish should still be balled up in this bottom area of the lake at this time of year and in daylight zigs will score.another great spot that is fishable from peg 7 as long as 6 is free is the marginal area just to the right of peg 6.this area forms a sort of point and is a passing point for the fish moving back into the wider parts of the lake.baits fished 1 rod lenght back from the corner at the bottom of the shelve will pick up fish,and i am well aware that many of the bigger fish in the lake like 2 use/be in this area and are regularly caught from here throughout the year.hope ur feeling a little more confident after reading all that pal.tight lines

cheers mate ill try that ... hope peg 6 free though sounds good that im going midweeek after easter monday neways so should b fine. if it aint free would it still be possible to try and intercept them whent here moving back into open water from my peg or not? see ive been there 2 time now and once on peg 4 once on peg 10. erm zigs through night or bottom at night? cheers bud big help alll that. tight lines

what methods did u use and which areas of the swim did u look 2 fish on ur early visits. as maybe the fish were still inactive/dormant on ur last visits and the methods u used may be good for a fish or two when the weather warms up a bit..also were others on the lake catching on ur last visits/did u see any carp showing(ie;active fish). stick 2 the bottom baits at nite pal and get the traps set an hour or two b4 dark 2 give everything a chance 2 settle.dont normally but would be tempted 2 leave a zig out all nite at the min though due to the high air pressure.

well i used alot of groundbait, maize, hemp over a high viz pop-up in the middle. to be fair though when i went the over guy did nit have anything all night but the night before he had two 20lbers so cant quite undertstand that one. cud have been abttered before me so ....... that was on peg 10 and it was back in october i usually just leave ma stuff to collect dust in the winter haha.

i fished more or less to the banking on peg 10 then out in mid water with a fusion bollie on its own with groundbait etc in the middle. it was end of october and not many people were catching so to be fair that might of been it really. ill probz use same bait etc this time around as it is getting warmer so might introduce some oily baits.

drop all the other bait items/pva bags and just use boilies .the fusion should work ok as i have had some good hits in the past on active8.spread them over a decent sized area(10m x 10m)and fish a bright topper with the hookbaits to draw attention to them.as for amounts for each rod basically i wouldnt go overbord and start piling it in at this time of year unless there was obviously alot of fish infront of me and i was going to attempt to hold them there,prefering to put out between 20/40 baits per rod topping up with a similar amount after each fish or after signs of fish activity in the area around the hookbaits.really hope u get lucky and bag a couple on ur next visit,as the results are there to be had.last session down sept 09(peg 7)24hrs 8 runs =7 landed (1x single,5x mid/high doubles and a 24.10 cracker.i await some catch pics from your session.tight lines

• 2 weeks later...

cheers mate sorry for late reply i have been very busy!!

What would you do co-ordinate the boliies with the hookbait ie- active 8 popup with active 8 bottom baits or mix it up a little bit like a mixture? bright pop-up etc.

ill provide you with the all important catch piccys when i am back from my session :wink:

• 2 weeks later...