help! mirror lake, limoges, france

suspectstew

hey guys,

first attempt at a post so please help!

Myself and some mates have booked Mirror lake in Limoges at the beginning of april this year.

Having trouble finding info on the lake. The website is rather poor if i am honest.

If anyone can give me some info or tips on the lake eg. lake bottom, recomended baits/rigs and methods etc.

To be honest any comments or info would be welcome!

cheers

stew.

The website is a lot better than some, I think it is not a well known venue, at first I thought you might have got the name wrong and was asking about Mirror Pool, but having looked at the website the venue does exist. What I can never understand especially from 1st time posters on forums is why they book venues and then ask about more information about them???

You should do your homework first, personal recommendations are always the best advertising!

Generaly i find the answers to questions without having the need to write my own thread.

I know research beforehand is the way to go but unfortunatly the trip was booked by a friend who currently lives in sweden.

To be honest i wish it was mirror pool!!!

Anyhow it is not and i will make the best of the trip.

As the above post says info seems to be rather hard to come by so i was hoping to get some first hand accounts of the lake!

surely someone out there has fished there!?

• 1 month later...

Hi Simon,

I fished the Venue with suspectstew 2 weeks ago and just thought i would give you some feedback.

We were the first to fish the lake since the winter close and this was probably one of the toughest weeks to fish it as we were trying to turn the fish from their winter pellets to our bait.

I got a 63.8lb cat on the second night (new pb) and this was caught on a 20mm yellow peril on a bolt rig with long hook link due to the silty bottom. I also had a 35.10lb mirror carp on the same bait and same type of rig.

The rest were, 40lb mirror, 30lb mirror, 45.6 mirror, 18lb cat and a 35.4 mirror, all of these on an old dumbell shaped boilie with a vanilla/cream smell.

Also, 18lb common, 29lb mirror on yellow peril.

And, 26lb mirror on a pineapple pop up.

All swims produced fish. Most of the carp came out around mid day kinda time and the cats from dusk-midnight.

We had halibut pellet which we baited up from the boat which really had no effect to be honest as all the fish were pretty much caught on a single bait with blitz mix sticks.

We also used the boat to find the gravel/hard patches but in the end it was just fishing into open water that produced the fish.

The lake didn't really start producing fish until the 4th day, probably due to the winter bait that they had been fed on.

Some crayfish in the lake but not a problem.

Jon and Heather that run the lake were absolutey brilliant all week and couldn't have done a better job. The food was ace and nothing was a problem for them. They have also just stocked the lake with around 40 new carp between 15-20lb apparently.

I would NOT reccomend using the TFG bait that was provided by them as the quality really wasn't that good.

I'm pretty sure that we will be booking up there again next year.

I hope this is of some help to you mate. Hope you have a really good time!