Rig length

keithhemmingway

Hi Mate,

Welcome to the Forum, :D

Hope you find loads of Information, tips and advice on here. :wink: There are some very good Anglers posting on here :wink:

This same sort of question has come up recently as well in Carp Fishing Section.

Try this link:https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22967

This link also covers Basic Rigs and gives a couple of Pics as well.

These rigs can be adapted for just about any material, length and hair length with the exception, in my view, of the Bottom Stiff link.

Cheers fellow carpers the information you have given me, I am so glad for your advice as I was actually thinking of between 18 & 24 inches, similar to that of the term 'laying on'. My only excuse for thinking in that direction can only be down to many many years of couse match fishing and clearly not enough time Carping.

Once again because of my transition to catching proper fish is a recent one I am very gratefill for any & all your advice & tips.

Cheers & TIGHT LINES

kEITH.

Hi Mate,

If you do go to that length you will probably find that you are doing something different from the Majority of Anglers.

As a result you may find that your results are/may be better than theirs. There is no set length as to what length your rigs should be.

Its a case of Trial and Error. As long as they are Tangle free and presented where the Carp are then you should be catching. The rig and the Hair length are the easiest things to change. But don't forget that your Baited Area or how much bait you have in the area may have some relevance as well. If using a Large Heavily Baited patch then Short rigs may work best! If hardly any bait or fishing Boilies only then Long Braided hooklinks of up to 2 feet may work.

For some real headache material, last year there was a Thread I started titled "Complicated Rigs". There is some real eye opening stuff on there that we came up with in terms of Idea, experiments and opinions!