Tillington Court Farm

andy52

If this is the fishery in Herefordshire, I spent a couple of days there in the Autumn of 2008 - I was originally booked on a stretch of the Wye for the weekend but the bookings coincided with a period of flooding which made the river unfishable - Tillington provided somewhere to go and at least wet a line. Had booked into a local B&B in advance and had originally planned to try somewhere else on the Sunday, but enjoyed the Saturday so much, I went back on the Sunday.

There are two pools - one is relatively close to the farm buildings and the other a bit further away; I think the latter contains the bigger fish. Very picturesque and pleasant to fish. I am afraid I can offer you no definitive info as to what size the carp go to, however I did have plenty of sport, fishing down the edge with the trotting gear that I'd taken for the river (Avon rod and centrepin/6lb line). I had a lot of fish below doubles, all on small pieces of meat, fished over pellets and hemp. Also had a number of fish on floaters, in fact the biggest fish I caught, which was probably just into doubles, was off the surface.

There was a guy there using more 'traditional' methods (boilies, alarms etc) who'd done the night, said he was a regular and talked about fish over twenty being present, but as I say I can't confirm that from personal experience.