wentworth lakes...rotherham...south yorkshire ?

Hi,does anyone have any info on wentworth lakes in rotherham south yorkshire.I used to fish this water around 25 years ago with my father and had some great days,i have searched the internet for info on the year book prices for each pond and weather night fishing is allowed but had no look so far,please help,thanks,sean.

sean, there are three ponds at this fishery the 1st and 2nd dams are available on a yearbook which is around £90 per year, the dams do have a closed season and no night fishing allowed, however some decent sized fish are present in both. If you ever get chance to go to the place in summer take a loaf of bread and walk up the road separating the dams until you reach the small bridge. You can feed the fish here and fish upto 25-30lb can be seen however no fishing unfortunately. The third dam here does allow night fishing but the ticket is at the mo £380 p/y i think?? this is where the larger carp are, i think that 2 seasons ago the dam was stocked with a 42 but this fish struggled to keep the weight. tickets have to be bought from wentworth estat office, hope this is at least some help. Ryan

• 3 months later...

hi mate, 1 rod licence in about £50 i just got my double rod licence after waiting 2 years that was £110, 2nd dam is hard but is very rewarding, trigga has always worked for us, for best results just bang 2 on a stringer and cast as far into the middle as u can, and leave it all day, (IT WILL GO) and for the 1st dam we used triggas and mainline fusions, pva bag and scatter lots around and wait, best times are 1st light and last light, mite see u around there some time.

• 1 year later...