recommend a venue?

run_rabbit55

Hi all, im planning a holiday for the family which consists of 6 adults and two children under 5 for a weeks carping in france. Now obviously not everyone will be fishing.

idealy i am looking for a lake with good accomodation for the family and ideally lake exclusitivity for this week.

has anyone heard of or been to any where they can reccommend?

When another lake operator recommends another venue it is worth noting his comments!! The website though is very limited though and 6 anglers on a small lake that size might be a little crowded. If I were part of a group of 6 I would be looking for a lake of 10 acres, after all you going to France not part of the UK.

Hi David, yes you are right it would not be suitable for 6 but I think they said it would be a family holiday with not everybody fishing. Although the fish are not the biggest you are likely to get in France the accommadation is second to none and the wife's will certainly not be disappointed. I'm sure that if they took the family there they would perhaps be allowed to go away for a jolly on their own later in the year, sort of a sweetner for the family. Also thanks for the comment about recommending other lakes. Its no good recommending your own lake when its not what people are looking for that way no one wins. :)

Alot depends on what you are after if you dont want to see your wife book a big lake if you want to have a bit of chat book a smaller lake, for me and I am going to say this with a smaller lake the fish cant get to far away unlike a large water where it is possable not to have a fish in your swim all week.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest planchon

Hi, are you planning to book this year/ next year?

If next year, Etang de Planchon is a new lake opening in 2011. Lake is 4 acres, max 5 anglers, and is due to be stocked with Virgin Carp in Dec 2010. The venue also has a Gite which can sleep 8, main bedroom has a double, a single and a pull out single. Second bedroom has a double and there are 2 double sofabeds in the lounge. The Gite also has its own patio for BBQ's etc. The lake can be hired exclusively and there is a special offer on the Gite and an early bird offer where you can get 20% discount off the overall balance if you book by July 2010.

There is also plenty of siteseeing in the area and a man-made beach closeby for the kids.

If you feel this is for you, please have a look at the website:

http://www.carp-fishinginfrance.com,

mainly the Facilities (Gite), Packages (Special offers) and Location (Local attractions) sections.

Hope this helps.