Stanborough lakes

• 4 weeks later...

hi mark

its a lake of aprox 10 acers, used for water sports as well, which can be very annoying. it gets extreamly busy on weekends in spring and summer. does hold fish to 30lb. average about 15lb. first couple of swims closest to the car park are a good bet and also last few swims at the end of the foot path at the other end of the lake produce regulary. can be great evening fishing on a summer day on the top. have had 4 fish in an hour on red strawberry flavoured dog biscuits

hope this helps a little any other questions just ask cheers.

• 3 months later...

Hello mate

i used to fish the hyde,think we've spoke about it before.

ive just started fishing stanborough lakes due to getting totally fed of going to the hyde and getting chavs shouting and casting into my swim etc oh and fish so badly damaged they probably wont be able to eat soon.

stanborough has been good to me on the 2 times ive fished it lately,6 carp from 11lb to 18lb one day and 6 carp 12lb-17lb the other time, nice fish and a good fight.

nice swims and a generally nice place to fish,i dont know about any features although they have some floating cages with weed growing in them down the bottom of the lake which is where i caught my fish from.