Hogsbrook Lakes nr Exeter

Have been fishin at Hogsbrook lakes nr Exeter. Loads of big doubles and few 20+. Have reliable info on the seasons best 32lb. £275 syndicate but well worth the cash. (approx a fiver a week) Think this place has been overlooked because of being a mixed fishery with the occasional match. Very quiet weekdays and in great surroundings with toilets, shower etc. Two lakes approx 2.5 and 1.5 acres. NO, i am not the owner trying to drum up business, just a carpy passing on GOOD info. (Guest tickets are a tenner a day if you can get a member to take you). Will def go again and be joining in April 2010.

Hi -----------yes these lakes are very good ( I am a member )

The Syndicate is strictly limited to 100 places, and the sensible rules are also properly enforced.

If like me you are a "loner" , then mid-week is your time.

Contact Woodbury Park Golf Club ( the owners ), for membership application.

Regards David

• 1 month later...

I'm moving to exmouth in july from berkshire and i am looking into waters in the area. I currently fish yateley, wreysbury and dinton and have been struggling to find a syndicate with a good head of big fish in the area. I have applied to a syndicate in cullompton ,Do you know of any more around the exeter area that are taking on new members.

Not to sure bout syndicate waters but checkout, southwest west lakes trust, they got queit alot of waters dotted around devon and cornwall, some wit carp to over 40lb. otherwise checkout newton abbot fishing association, they've got a nice 9 acre ex clay pit known as dores with carp to over 30lb, it's restricted to full member season ticket holders but they're not to hard to get your hands on.

• 2 months later...

Hogsbrook is basically two carp puddles of a couple of acres or so. Nothing wrong with them, I used to fish them myself when they were day ticket but we're not talking about yateley, wreysbury and dinton here!

SW Lakes Trust waters sound more suitable.