leadcore help

newie

The top one is a link to a Carp.com article in the Magazine.

The second link is how to create the splice.

https://forum.carp.com/article191.html

http://www.carp-uk.net/rigs/leadcore/leadcore.htm

I splice BOTH ends and leave them large enough so that I can get my hooklink swivel through the end. I then attach the hooklink as a Loop to loop.

The Knot I use to attach the Mainline to the other spliced loop is a Uni/Grinner Knot. Never had one give way or a Crackoff!

• 2 weeks later...
hi all looked i think everywhere but still cant find what i need, the end loop on leadcore to main line what sort of knot would i use please, can you help did`nt have leadcore in the 80s and just getting back into it with my son thanks all

regards Ian

Splice a loop in the leadcore, then tie a figure of 8 loop knot in your mainline and attach loop to loop.

everything you need to know is in the links Nick has provided, leadcore is a great addition if used correctly, just use common sense, make sure any beads, clips, swivels etc can pass over the knot you use to attatch the leadcore to your mainline so if in the unfortunate event of a crackoff etc the fish can shed the lead,

personally i use the needle knot as illustrated in the above links to attach my mainline as it gives a very slim/neat knot which any rubber beads/leads i use can pass over with ease. and touch wood, ive never had one give way under preasure